Difference between revisions of "Llanfaelrhys, Gwynedd, Wales Genealogy"
m (Text replacement - "Web Sites" to "Websites")
m (RogersBA moved page Llanfaelrhys, Gwynedd Genealogy to Llanfaelrhys, Gwynedd, Wales Genealogy: incorrectly titled)
Revision as of 11:49, 19 October 2017
History[edit | edit source]
LLANFAELRHYS, a parish, with a village, in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; at the extremity of the Lleyn peninsula, under Mynydd-Rhiw, adjacent to Hell's Mouth bay, 12 miles SW by W of Pwllheli, and 27 SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Aberdaron, under Pwllheli. Acres, 1,679. Real property, £1,075. Pop., 208. Houses, 40. There are manganese mines. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Aberdaron, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Maelrhys.[Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-1872, John Marius Wilson]