Difference between revisions of "Llanfaelrhys, Gwynedd, Wales Genealogy"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (added category)
(added information from out-of copyright book)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
=== History  ===
 
=== History  ===
 +
 +
LLANFAELRHYS, a parish, with a village, in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; at the extremity of the Lleyn peninsula, under Mynydd-Rhiw, adjacent to Hell's Mouth bay, 12 miles SW by W of Pwllheli, and 27 SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Aberdaron, under Pwllheli. Acres, 1,679. Real property, £1,075. Pop., 208. Houses, 40. There are manganese mines. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Aberdaron, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Maelrhys.[Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-1872, John Marius Wilson]<br>
  
 
=== <br>Records  ===
 
=== <br>Records  ===

Revision as of 16:18, 12 July 2013

Wales Gotoarrow.png Gwynedd Gotoarrow.png Caernarfonshire Parishes Gotoarrow.pngLlanfaelrhys

History

LLANFAELRHYS, a parish, with a village, in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; at the extremity of the Lleyn peninsula, under Mynydd-Rhiw, adjacent to Hell's Mouth bay, 12 miles SW by W of Pwllheli, and 27 SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Aberdaron, under Pwllheli. Acres, 1,679. Real property, £1,075. Pop., 208. Houses, 40. There are manganese mines. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Aberdaron, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Maelrhys.[Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-1872, John Marius Wilson]


Records


Civil Registration


Church Records


Census Records


Probate Records


Maps and Gazetteers

Web Sites