Livingston County, Missouri Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:31, 24 March 2012 by Fritty (Adding a new link)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- See an interactive map of Livingston County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
- A Grave Find A Grave has 95 cmemteries listed in Livingston County. There are also several pictures of headstones.
- Land Patent (1831-1969) From the Missouri State Archives.
- A Past and present of Livingston County, Missouri A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement (1913) Volume 2 is available online free from Google Books. This book contains biographical sketches of Livingston County residents.
- A History of Livingston County, Missouri (1937) The history was published by The Livingston County Centennial Committee.
- The Livingston County Library has a web paged titled Livingston County History. The site has County History, Communitiy Histories, Biographies, and a few Genealogy links.
- Map of Livingston County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Livingston County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Map of Livingston County Map (1896)
- This link is an index of Missouri Confederate Casualties. It is taken from the Offical Records of the Civil War. Missouri Confederate Casualties
- The Archives of The Chillicothe Constitution Tribune (1889-2009) provides free access to their newspapers online.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Birth and Stillbirths. These are Pre-1910Missouri Pre-1901 Birth Records
- Familysearch.org has indexed the Missouri Births and Christenings, 1827-1935.Missoouri Birth and Christenings
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
- Familysearch.org has indexed the Missouri Death and Burials, 1876-1976Missoouri Death and Burials
- This article was written by G. David Dilts. It deals with finding elusive ancestors in the census. He gave this presentation at the Atlanta Fami;ly History expo in 2010. Finding Elusive Ancestors
- A good help on Analyzing U.S. Census DataAnalyzing Census data
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- MOGenWeb project May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county.
- <img _fck_mw_template="true" _fckrealelement="3" _fckfakelement="true" src="https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/extensions/FCKeditor/fckeditor/editor/images/spacer.gif" class="FCK__MWTemplate">
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
<a _fcknotitle="true" href="Category:Livingston_County,_Missouri">Livingston_County,_Missouri</a>