Livingston County, Kentucky Genealogy
Guide to Livingston County Kentucky genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Livingston County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||December 13, 1798|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 4.1 African American
- 4.2 Cemeteries
- 4.3 Census
- 4.4 Church
- 4.5 Court
- 4.6 Genealogy
- 4.7 Land
- 4.8 Local Histories
- 4.9 Maps
- 4.10 Military
- 4.11 Miscellaneous
- 4.12 Newspapers
- 4.13 Obituaries
- 4.14 Probate
- 4.15 Taxation
- 4.16 Vital Records
- 4.17 Societies and Libraries
- 5 References
A loss of some records occurred due to a fire in 1804
|Grand Rivers||Lake City|
- Hardin County, Illinois
- Massac County, Illinois
- Pope County, Illinois
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- Ky African American Griots
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
CemeteriesKentucky Cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- cemetery photos of various cemeteries
- listing of Livingston Co., Ky Cemeteries
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Livingston County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Livingston Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Livingston County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Livingston County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
For tips on accessing Livingston County, Kentucky Genealogy census records online, see: Kentucky Census.
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Kentucky Census Transcriptions 1850 - 1930
- The USGenWeb Census Images ~ The USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Kentucky Census Transcriptions ~ The USGenWeb Census Project
- Census Online ~ Census Online
- Livingston Co. Wills and Probate Records
- Abstracts of Early KY Supreme Court Cases KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky Court of Justice Research & Reference
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Baker] Chapman, Peggy Brown. Bakers of Logan, Christian, Muhlenberg, Livingston, Henderson, Hopkins, Caldwell, Union, Todd, Trigg, Crittenden, Lyon, McLean and Webster Counties & Jackson Purchase, Kentucky. Lubbock, Texas: P.B. Chapman, 1995. FHL 751704
- [Lacey] Moore, Maurice Augustus. The Life of Gen. Edward Lacey: With a List of Battles and Skirmishes in South Carolina During the Revolutionary War. Spartanburg, S.C.: Douglass, Evins & Co., 1859. FHL 413932.
- [Lacey] Draper, Lyman C. King's Mountain and Its Heroes. Cincinnati: Peter G. Thomson, Publishers, 1881. Pages 463-464. Digital version at Google Books.
- [Lacey] Owen, Thomas McAdory. "Colonel Edward Lacey of the Revolution and Some of His Descendants," The Gulf States Historical Magazine, Vol. 1 (July 1902):41-44. Digital version at Google Books.
- Livingston Co., KyGenWeb
- Military Resources ~ Revolutionary War through Civil War
- Korean War Memorial Korean War Memorial for Soliders from KY ~ KYGenWeb
- Fallen Soldiers in WWI from KY ~ Fallen Soldiers in WWI from Kentucky
- Kentucky Postcards ~ The USGenWeb Archives Penny Postcard Project
- The KYGenWeb Footsteps ~ The Kentucky Footsteps Archives ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- KY Footsteps Archives ~ KY Footsteps List Archives - thousands of obituaries here ~ KYGenWeb Project
- KY Obituary Sources ~ Kentucky Obituary Sources ~ Compiled by the KYGenWeb Project
- Links to research and locate obituaries
- Browning Genealogy Database ~ The Browning Genealogy Database - A Collection of Obituaries Compiled by Charles Browning.
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Kentucky Obituary Project
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Kentucky Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Nashville Advocate ~ Death Abstracts from the Nashville Christian Advocate
- 1799-1873 - Will Books A to B (1799-1873) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- 1799-1832 - The organization Strictly By Name provides free online indexes to early Livingston County probate records. They offer a record retrieval service to photocopy and transcribe microfilm copies of the original documents for a small fee. Available indexes:
- Will Book A: 1799-1832
- 1800 - 1800 Tax List of Livingston County, Kentucky Genealogy is included in Clift's Second Census of Kentucky 1800, digitized by Ancestry ($).
- 1837 Deliquent Tax List for Livingston Co., Ky.
- Present Tax Rates
- 1852-1861 - Livingston County Birth Index 1852-1861. Batch C517641 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1875 - Livingston County Birth Index 1875. Batch C517642 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1852-1861 - Livingston County Marriage Index 1852-1861. Batch M517641 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1875 - Livingston County Marriage Index 1875. Batch M517643 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1876-1878 - Livingston County Marriage Index 1876-1878. Batch M517644 at FamilySearch - free.
- Livingston County Kentucky Vital Records
- Livingston County Clerk
335 Court Street
Smithland, KY 42081
- Ky. Death Records 1911-2000
- Livingston Co., Ky. Marriages 1895
- Some Livingston Co., Ky. death cert. transcriptions
- Livingston Co., Ky. 1860 Mortality Schedule
- Livingston Co., Ky. 1870 Mortality Schedule
- Browning Obits (based in Evansville, In. but some Ky. deaths listed here)
- Livingston Co., Ky. Births 1911-1930
- Delayed Livingston Co., Ky. Births 1800-1910
- http://kyvitals.com/ Ky Vital Records Project
Societies and Libraries
- Livingston Co. Historical & Genealogical Society
- The Little Cabin Research Center
- New Library
- Kentuckiana Digital Library
- Filson Library
Family History Centers
- Livingston Co., KyGenWeb
- KYGenWeb project. Has maps, name indexes, history or other information for each county. Select the county.
- State of Kencucky Website
- USGenWeb Kentucky Archives ~ Kentucky in the USGenWeb Archives ~ Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- The USGenWeb project May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Livingston County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Livingston County, Kentucky page 272, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- G. Glenn Clift, Second Census of Kentucky 1800: A Privately Compiled and Published Enumeration of Tax Payers Appearing in the 79 Manuscript Volumes Extant of Tax Lists of the 42 Counties of Kentucky in Existence in 1800 (1954; reprint, Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 2005).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/0/0b/Igikentuckygl.pdf.