Difference between revisions of "List of the Parishes and Chapelries in Walton-on the-Hill"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Walton-on-the-Hill St Mary's* was a parish in close proximity of and located 3 miles to the north and east of the outskirts of Liverpool, and had the following chapelries associated with it:  
 
Walton-on-the-Hill St Mary's* was a parish in close proximity of and located 3 miles to the north and east of the outskirts of Liverpool, and had the following chapelries associated with it:  
  
<br>  
+
<br>
  
 
*{{FHL|440776|subject-id|disp=Walton-on-the-Hill, St Mary the Virgin* (West Derby Chapel) - 1586}}  
 
*{{FHL|440776|subject-id|disp=Walton-on-the-Hill, St Mary the Virgin* (West Derby Chapel) - 1586}}  
Line 22: Line 22:
 
*{{FHL|976231|title-id|disp=Knotty-Ash - 1836}}  
 
*{{FHL|976231|title-id|disp=Knotty-Ash - 1836}}  
 
*{{FHL|572987|title-id|disp=Stanley - 1832}}&nbsp;- a chapelry and part of West Derby--both chapelries are in Walton-on-the-Hill Parish&nbsp;  
 
*{{FHL|572987|title-id|disp=Stanley - 1832}}&nbsp;- a chapelry and part of West Derby--both chapelries are in Walton-on-the-Hill Parish&nbsp;  
 +
*Walton Breck - 1847
 
*{{FHL|674863|title-id|disp=West Derby St Jude's - 1832}}  
 
*{{FHL|674863|title-id|disp=West Derby St Jude's - 1832}}  
 
*{{FHL|674134|title-id|disp=West Derby St Mary-the-Virgin - 1688}}
 
*{{FHL|674134|title-id|disp=West Derby St Mary-the-Virgin - 1688}}
 +
*Walton Breck Holy Trinity - 1847
  
<br>  
+
<br>
  
Also visit the following townships and note their respective chapelries which are also close in proximity to central Liverpool. Each of the following places were within anywhere from 3 to 7 miles from Liverpool, including the following township chapelries, which see treatises for each:<br>  
+
Also visit the following townships and note their respective chapelries which are also close in proximity to central Liverpool. Each of the following places were within anywhere from 3 to 7 miles from Liverpool, including the following township chapelries, which see treatises for each:<br>
  
 
<br>'''Helpful Links:'''  
 
<br>'''Helpful Links:'''  

Revision as of 19:42, 19 March 2012

Return to the Lancashire Parishes page.

Walton-on-the-Hill St Mary's* was a parish in close proximity of and located 3 miles to the north and east of the outskirts of Liverpool, and had the following chapelries associated with it:



Also visit the following townships and note their respective chapelries which are also close in proximity to central Liverpool. Each of the following places were within anywhere from 3 to 7 miles from Liverpool, including the following township chapelries, which see treatises for each:


Helpful Links:

Some of Walton-on-the-Hill parish and chapelry registers have also been indexed and posted online at the Lancashire "Online Parish Clerk" project.

Website, "A Church Near You" provides some information on some chapelries (and parishes): www.achurchnearyou.com&nbsp;

Website: "Genuki" gives a list of parishes, and also some considerable detail about each parish and in particular, the year when each church's history begins:&nbsp;&nbsp;www.genuki.org.uk

 

Bibliography:

Guide to the Local Administrative Units of England, by Youngs, Frederic A. Pub: The Royal Historical Society, London 1991

Topographical Dictionary of England. Lewis Samuel. Pub: Samuel A. Lewis &amp; Co. London 1841 &amp;1831 &nbsp;

A Comprehensive Gazetteer of England. Bell, James. A. Pub.: Fullarton &amp; Co. Glasgow 1836

Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales. A. Fullarton &amp;amp; Co. Glasgow and London ca. 1869 (see also VisionOfBritain.org.uk)