List of District Churches and Chapels Within the Parish of St Luke Chelsea
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:56, 25 June 2012 by Cottrells (Text replace - "Category:England" to "Category:Middlesex")
Return to the Chelsea St Luke, Middlesex page.
The following List of District Churches and Chapels Lying Within the Parish of St Luke Chelsea, will help you determine most, if not all churches associated with this ancient parish:
- All Saints or Chelsea Old Church, - 1824; was the original parish church from at least 1290 (see St Luke for registers before 1824, when it became a chapel of ease.
- Christ Church Christchurch Street - 1839
- Christchurch - 1860
- Holy Trinity, Brompton Rd, Chelsea - 1829
- Holy Trinity Knightsbridge - 1674
- Holy Trinity, Sloane Street, Upper Chelsea - 1832
- Park Chapel which was a Proprietary Chapel in Chelsea parish from 1718. Re-named Emmanuel Chapel 1906. Enlarged 1810
- St John Kensal Green - 1845
- St John, Ashburnham Road ; later united in 1973 to St John Worlds End, Blantyre Street
- St Jude Turk's Row, Upper Chelsea - 1844; parish united to Holy Trinity 1892
- St Jude, Kensal Green - 1879
- St Luke Sydney Street - 1559; replaced All Saints as the parish church
- St Marks College, Stanley Grove Chapel -
- St Matthew’s Mission Church, Walton St, Chelsea - 1900
- St Saviour, Walton Street - 1840
- St Simon Zelotes, Milner Street, Upper Chelsea - 1859
- St Thomas, Kensal Green - 1889
- "West Middlesex Marriage Index Coverage," Find My Past, accessed 8 March 2012.
- 'Webb's London Marriages - Marriages, periods and parishes/churches,' British Origins, accessed 12 March 2012.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm