Lipscomb County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1876--Lipscomb County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Lipscomb 
Places / Localities
Booker (partly in Ochiltree County) | Darrouzett | Follett | Higgins | Lipscomb
- Lipscomb County Cemeteries, book by LaVaun Kraft. Iinformation on each of the nine Lipscomb County cemeteries: Heart Cemetery, Kiowa Cemetery, View Point Cemetery, Darrouzett Cemetery, Fairview Cemetery, Fairmont Cemetery, Lipscomb Cemetery, St. John's Cemetery, and Higgins Cemetery; each section includes information about the origins of the cemetery with deeds and certificates, an index of the persons buried in the cemetery, a list of the information on each of the headstones in the cemetery, and a list of the veterans buried in the cemetery. Digital version online at The Portal To Texas History.
- A History of Lipscomb County, 1876-1976, by the Lipscomb Historical Survey Committee. Read the book on line at The Portal to Texas History.
- Lipscomb County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).