Lincoln County, Nebraska Genealogy
Lincoln County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Lincoln County, Nebraska|
| Map of Nebraska highlighting Lincoln County|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||January 7, 1860|
|County Seat||North Platte|
|Address|| Lincoln County Courthouse|
301 N. Jeffers Street
North Platte, Nebraska 69101
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Lincoln County Courthouse
301 North Jeffers Street
North Platte, Nebraska 69101
County Clerk has marriage records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
County Court has probate and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1860--Lincoln County was created 7 January 1860 from unorganized territory. County seat: North Platte 
- Antelope Valley Cemetery (northeast of Brady)
- Ash Grove Cemetery (German Lutheran: south and west of Wellfleet)
- Birdwood Creek (gravesite: north and west of Hershey)
- Birdwood Presbyterian Church Cemetery (north and west of Hershey)
- Brady Cemetery (west and north of Brady)
- Buchner family Cemetery (S.S. Buchner: north and east of Wallace)
- Chamberline family cemetery (James Chamberline: north and east of Dickens on Chamberline Ranch)
- County Cemetery (souh and west of Sutherland: abandoned)
- Dickens Cemetery
- Floral Lawns Memorial Cemetery (south and east of North Platte)
- Frontier Cemetery south and west of Sutherland)
- Garfield Cemetery
- Gaslin Cemetery (south and east of Brady)
- Good Hope Cemetery (northwest from North Platte)
- Hansen Family Cemetery ( Hans C Hansen: north of Curtis)
- Kilmer Valley Cemetery (south and west of Arnold)
- Lamont Cemetery (Riverside District: south and west of Hershey)
- Lindberg Cemetery (west and north of Gothenburg)
- Listen Family Cemetery (west and south of Dickens)
- McBaugh Family Cemetery (Maxwell Precinct)
- Melton Family Cemetery (west and south of Dickens)
- Miriam Cemetery (south and east of North Platte)
- Morning View Cemetery (south of Wallace)
- John A. Murphy Cemetery (Catholic: west and north of Farnam)
- Myrtle Cemetery (northeast of North Platte)
- North Platte City Cemetery
- Peckham Rural Cemetery (south and west of Gothenurg)
- Plainview Cemetery (south and west of Maxwell)
- Platte Valley Cemetery (east of Hershey)
- Pleasant Valley Cemetery (south of Wallace)
- Riverside Cemetery (west and north of Hershey)
- St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery (south and west of North Platte)
- Sutherland City Cemetery (1) (south of sutherland)
- Sutherland City Cemetery (2) (northeast corner of town)
- Svea-Dal Cemetery (northeast of Brady)
- Sykes Family Cemetery (north and east of Wallace)
- Trinity Cemetery (Lutheran: in Huebner: south and east of Hershey)
- Wellfleet Cemetery
- Wyuka and Fairview Cemetery
- Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery (German Lutheran: north and east of Wellfleet)
For tips on accessing Lincoln County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- &columns=*,0,0 Lincoln District: Created in 1935 from the East Nebraska District, was a unit of the Western States Mission. Record of members 1935-1941
- &columns=*,0,0 North Platte: Record of members 1929-1941
There is a District Court and a County Court in Lincoln County. District courts primarily hear felony criminal cases, equity cases, and civil cases involving more than $51,000. County courts handle misdemeanor cases; traffic and municipal ordinance violations; preliminary hearings in felony cases; civil cases involving $51,000 and less; small claims cases; some divorce cases; probate, guardianship, conservatorship, and adoption proceedings; and juvenile matters.
- Lincoln County District Court
PO Box 1616
North Platte, Nebraska 69103
- Lincoln County Court
PO Box 519
North Platte, NE 69103
Early migration routes to and from Lincoln County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Surname list of early settlers of North Platte area.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kimball, Nebraska page 432, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map II" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap2.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).