Licking County, Ohio Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1875--The courthouse was on fire on 2 April 1875. Records in the Recorder’s, Sheriff’s, Auditors and Treasurer’s offices were saved.  The marriage records between 1829-1839 were not available possibly lost completely in the fire. Some probate records also were burned in the fire. There are gaps in records for this county.See Burned Counties.
1879--The tower of the New Licking County Courthouse caught fire, 29 Mar 1879. No records were destroyed. 
- Revolutionary War
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Licking County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Licking County.
Jacksontown Alumni Book 1890-1959. Digitized book which includes the history of the school and numerous class photos.
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch – Pilot. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- GenDisasters.com Newark, OH Licking County Courthouse Fire, Apr 1875 http://www3.gendisasters.com/ohio/17866/newark-oh-licking-county-courthouse-fire-apr-1875
- "A County Court House in Flames"New York Times March 30, 1879 Article.
- Licking County Research Article
- GenDisasters.com Newark, OH Licking County Courthouse Tower Fire, Mar 1879 http://www3.gendisasters.com/ohio/17867/newark-oh-licking-county-courthouse-tower-fire-mar-1879