Licking County, Ohio Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The courthouse was on fire on 2 April 1875. The marriage records between 1829-1839 were not available possibly lost completely in the fire. Some probate records also were burned in the fire. There are gaps in records for this county.See Burned Counties.
Jacksontown Alumni Book 1890-1959. Digitized book which includes the history of the school and numerous class photos.
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch – Pilot. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- "A County Court House in Flames"New York Times March 30, 1879 Article.
- Licking County Research Article