Liberty Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
This page includes the boundaries of wards and branches as of about 1941, a timeline history, and how to obtain the records.
Source for this page
Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 432-433.
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
Church Units and Boundaries, 1930
- Area of the County: "southeast part of Salt Lake City" [My how it has grown since 1930!]
- Headquarters in (town): Salt Lake City "Deseret Gymnasium, east of the Bishops’ Building, on College Avenue"
- Boundaries of stake:
Liberty Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches:
- Salt Lake City 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, 31st, and 33rd wards
- Liberty Ward
- Emigration Ward
- LeGrand Ward
- Yale Ward
Obtain the Records
- List of church records at the FamilySearch Library for Salt Lake County, Utah (entire county, not just the stake.)
- For additional resources, see Church History Library.
History Timeline to 1941
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- 1904 February 26. Organized from part of Salt Lake Stake. It included Salt Lake City 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, 31st, and 33rd wards.
- 1907 December 22. South part of the 2nd Ward was organized as Liberty Ward.
- 1909 January 13. East part of the 1st Ward was organized as Emigration Ward.
- 1913 September 7. East part of the 31st Ward was organized as the Le Grand Ward.
- 1924 February 17. East portion of LeGrand Ward was organized as Yale Ward