- 1 Quick History
- 2 City Hall
- 3 Neighboring Communities
- 4 Web Sites
- 5 Sources and Footnotes
Liberty is a town in the Ogden Valley. Called Little Valley by the Ute Indian Chief, Little Soldier, it was settled by one family in 1859 with more coming the following year.  The settlers renamed it Liberty in 1860. It was developed as an expansion of Eden. 
Biography & Genealogies
- Early Latter Day Saints - An Mormon Trail Pioneer Database
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers
- Sons of Utah Pioneers Stories
- Pioneers and prominent men of Utah: comprised of photographs, genealogies, biographies, the early history of the LDS Church 
- Utah State History - Cemetery Database
- Utah Gravestone Photo Project
- Burial records to 1966 
Church History and Records
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Liberty Ward (Weber, then Ogden Stakes)
- Remember my valley: a history of Ogden Canyon, Huntsville, Liberty and Eden, Utah from 1825 to 1976
- Ogden Standard Examiner Archives is available at Ancestry.com $ The data base is searchable from 1920 to 1977.
- Utah Digital Newspapers for the Ogden Standard 1879 - 1927
Societies, Museums and Libraries
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
2148 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
ph: (801) 393-4460
- Ogden Regional Family History Center
539 24th St.
Ogden, UT 84401
- Stewart Library ~ Weber State University
3750 Harrison Blvd.
- Weber County Library ~ Ogden Valley Branch
131 South 7400 East
Huntsville, Utah 84317
- Marriage information may be located at the Western States Marriage Database searchable by bride or groom.
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates.
- Utah Death Certificates 1904 - 1956 -A free internet access to the 1904-1956 death certificates can be viewed on the Family Search Historical Records. Utah requires a death certificate before a burial is completed. A death certificate may contain information as to the name of the deceased, date of death, and place of death, as well as the age, birthdate, parents, gender, marital status, spouse and place of residence. For information on death prior to 1904 you can search the Utah State Burial Index.
- Ancestry.com $ Utah Death Index 1905-1951 Hint Keyword: enter the year of death and enter the name of county if known.
- Social Security Death Index, begins about 1962.
- History of Weber County 
- Webtree.com, listing individuals who born or died here. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.
Sources and Footnotes
- Liberty Marker
- Liberty History - Online Utah
- "FHLC Book 979.2 D3e" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Western Epics, 1966).
Vol. 1 part 1 (Family History Archives)
Vol. 1 part 2 (Family History Archives)
- FHLC film 486184 Item 3" (Salt Lake City, Utah : GSU, 1974)
- 'FHLC Book 979.228/L1 H2e" (Liberty, Utah : M. McKee, 198-?)
- "FHLC Film 26110" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the GSU, 1951) Form E (annual genealogical report), 1907-1948
- "979.228 H2n" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Hawkes Publishing, c1977)
- Wiggins, Lou Jean S Wiggins; Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Weber County WorldCat 58465373