Lewis and Clark County, Montana Genealogy
Guide to Lewis and Clark County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lewis and Clark County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 2, 1865|
|Address|| Lewis and Clark County Courthouse|
316 N Park Avenue
Helena, MT 59624
Lewis and Clark County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Cemeteries
- 2.2 Church
- 2.3 Court
- 2.4 Land
- 2.5 Local Histories
- 2.6 Maps
- 2.7 Military
- 2.8 Newspapers
- 2.9 Probate
- 2.10 Repositories
- 2.11 Courthouse
- 2.12 Places
- 2.13 References
- Parent County: created 2 February 1865 as an original county
- County seat: Helena 
- Neighboring Counties: Broadwater | Cascade | Flathead | Jefferson | Meagher | Powell | Teton
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- See an interactive map of Lewis and Clark County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Butte and Helena newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
County Clerk has birth records from 1907, divorce records from 1895 and land records from 1865; Clerk District Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records 
Family History Centers
- Western States Marriage Index includes marriages 1865-1887
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lewis and Clark County Genealogy (Montana Genealogy)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 416.