Letheringsett, Norfolk Genealogy
LETHERINGSETT (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of Holt, W. division of Norfolk, 1½ mile (W. by N.) from Holt. 
Letheringsett St Andrew is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
 "..there were eighty-eight Communicants; one man and two women recusant"
[1642-1651] English Civil War
 Act passed "appointing secular 'parish register' ".
 Restoration of Monarchy
- Bryant, T.H.,The Churches of Norfolk (Norwich, 1900-15) Select Bryant and type in Letheringsett.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: email@example.com
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Images of the parish registers may be viewed online in Historic Records (formerly Record Search) Norfolk Record Office reference PD 547
- [1607-1812] Archdeacon Transcripts 1600-1812. FamilySearch.
- [1685-1941] Bishops Transcripts. FamilySearch. Arranged by date. No Letheringsett entries for 1687-1688, 1688-1689, 1689-1690.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
http://www.northnorfolkcentral.co.uk/GlavenValley/Letheringsett/letheringsett.html Glaven Valley website
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 68-74. Date accessed: 22 April 2013.
- Bryant, T.H., The Churches of Norfolk Page 106. (Norwich, 1900-15)
- “The Story of Norfolk’s Parish Registers: A Norfolk Record Office Exhibition” Page 11. (Norwich, England : Norfolk Record Office, 2013)