Leicester England Family History Centre
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Leicester England Family History Centre, based in the church on Wakerley Road, serves primarily the church and community of Leicestershire, but visitors from all parts are made welcome.
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Wakerley Road, Leicester. LE5 4WD
- Free car park off Falmouth Road.
- Walk round to the front of the building the first door on the right up the steps provides access to the centre. Disabled access is available on request.
Phone: +44 (0)116 249 0099
Tuesday: 9:30am to 8:00pm - Thursday: 9:30am to 4:00pm.
Holiday Schedule: Easter 2013, we will close for 5 weeks from Friday 8 March 2013 reopening Tuesday 16 April 2013
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- A number of records on microfilm and microfiche are permanently available at Leicester Family History Centre. To check if we have anything of interest to you, please call us during opening hours, and we will consult our catalogue.
- Records of the Borough of Leicester 1689-1835, by Chinnery, pub Leicester University Press. Volume V (Hall Books and Papers), VI (The Chamberlains Accounts), and VII (Judicial and Allied Records).
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. This includes England and Wales censuses 1841 to 1911.
Hardware and Equipment
- Four computers, one of which is also a film/fiche reader/printer and has a document scanner.
- Film and fiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Individual help and advice given free of charge. Please phone during opening hours for an appointment.
Resources in the Local Area
The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland, Long Street, Wigston Magna,
Leicester LE18 2AH Telephone: 0116 257 1080. Email: email@example.com
Leicestershire & Rutland Family History Society (See Links below)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)