Leicester, Addison County, Vermont Genealogy
Leicester was chartered on October 20, 1761 and the was organized on the 29th of March, 1786. In the extreme western section of town is the village which is now known as Leicester Junction, but which used to be Whiting Station, a confusing situation brought about by the railroad. Some years later another Whiting Station was built just south of the village of Whiting. The old Whiting Station and post office were renamed Leicester Junction in 1872. It is now the only post office in Leicester. The population was 1,100 at the 2010 census.  
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Leicester is Addison.
Addison Probate Court
7 Mahady Court
Middlebury, VT 05753
Phone: (802) 388-2612
The following is a list of cemeteries in present-day Leicester. For location of cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Addison County, website at this link.
- Brookside Cemetery - inscriptions found at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1763-1999, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Leicester Town Clerk's Office. These include Records of births, marriages, and deaths, 1857-1999, and Land and vital records, 1792-1851; index to land records, 1786-1952
Leicester Town Offices
44 Schoolhouse Road
Leicester, VT 05733
Phone: (802) 247-5961
Libraries and Historical Societies
- Leicester, VT History http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/leicester.html#about
- History of the Town of Leicester, VT http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/AddisonLeicester.html