Leelanau County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Leelanau County Courthouse
301 E Cedar St.
P. O. Box 467
Leland, MI 49654
Phone: (231) 256-9824
Leelanau County; 301 E Cedar St; PO Box 467; Leland, MI 49654; Ph. 231.,256.9824 Details: (Attached to Mackinac & Grand Traverse Cos prior to organization 27 Feb 1863) (Co Clk has b, m & d rec from 1867, div rec from 1870 & ct rec; Pro Judge has pro rec) www.leelanaucounty.com/
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).