|Lawrenceburg Public Library District
- The visitor parking lot is located on the corner of Vine Street and West High Street, to the west of the library.
- Street parking is also available on West High Street and 150 Mary Ave.
- Accessible parking and entrance is located on the corner of Vine Street and West High Street, to the west of the library.
Email: Send email
150 Mary Street
Telephone: (812) 537-2775
Fax: (812) 537-2810
Hours of Operation:
- Monday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- First Saturday of the Month: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
CURRENT HOLIDAY CLOSINGS:
- Closed all major holidays
- Closed Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Saturday of the Month
- Closed when public services are closed due to inclement weather
Description of Collections[edit | edit source]
- Genealogy staff consultants are available to assist in family history searches. Please call in advance to schedule an appointment.
- Inquiries are accepted through telephone, mail or e-mail, for up to one hour of research time. Copying fees are $1.00 per page. Please do not prepay. Total fees and payment will be discussed after researching your request.
- Please provide as much information as possible to correctly identify the ancestor or family you wish searched.
- Examples of searchable requests:
- Please copy the obituary for John Doe who died January 17, 1956.
- Please locate the marriage date for Alice Jones and James Campbell who were married in Dearborn County in the 1870s.
- Please check the "History of Dearborn and Ohio Counties" volume for biographies of Tom Walton and Henry Becker.
- Please call our genealogy consultants ahead for information about local resources and to reserve materials for your research.
- Please contact us for an appointment outside of our normal hours.
Lawrenceburg Public Library is conveniently located near the following repositories:
- Dearborn County Courthouse
165 Mary Street
Telephone: (812) 537-1040
- Dearborn County Historical Society
508 West High Street
Telephone: (812) 537-4075