|Lawrenceburg Public Library District
- The visitor parking lot is located on the corner of Vine Street and West High Street, to the west of the library.
- Street parking is also available on West High Street and 150 Mary Ave.
- Accessible parking and entrance is located on the corner of Vine Street and West High Street, to the west of the library.
Email: Send email
150 Mary Street
Telephone: (812) 537-2775
Fax: (812) 537-2810
Library Hours of Operation:
- Monday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Genealogy and Local History Hours of Operation:
Hours for the genealogy and local history room are different than the library hours. Please check to see if we are open before your visit. Please contact us for an appointment outside of our normal hours.
- Monday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- First Saturday of the Month: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
CURRENT HOLIDAY CLOSINGS:
- Closed all major holidays
- Closed Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Saturday of the Month
- Closed when public services are closed due to inclement weather
Genealogy and Local History Manager:
Description of Collections[edit | edit source]
- Genealogy staff consultants are available to assist in genealogy and local history searches.
Please call in advance to schedule an appointment.
- Inquiries are accepted through telephone, mail or e-mail, for up to one hour of research time. Copying fees are $1.00 per page. Please do not prepay. Total fees and payment will be discussed after researching your request.
- Please provide as much information as possible to correctly identify the ancestor or family you wish searched.
Examples of searchable requests:
- Please copy the obituary for John Doe who died January 17, 1956.
- Please locate the marriage date for Alice Jones and James Campbell who were married in Dearborn County in the 1870s.
- Please check the "History of Dearborn and Ohio Counties" volume for biographies of Tom Walton and Henry Becker.
- Please email scanned copies of the business file about the Bauer Cooperage.
- Please call our genealogy consultants ahead for information about local resources and to reserve materials for your research.
- Please contact us for an appointment outside of our normal hours.
Lawrenceburg Public Library is conveniently located near the following repositories:
- Dearborn County Courthouse
165 Mary Street
Telephone: (812) 537-1040
- Dearborn County Historical Society
508 West High Street
Telephone: (812) 537-4075