|Lawrenceburg Public Library District
- The visitor parking lot is located on the corner of Vine Street and West High Street, to the west of the library.
- Street parking is also available on West High Street and 150 Mary Ave. (Picture above is taken from 150 Mary Ave.)
- Accessible parking and entrance is located on the corner of Vine Street and West High Street, to the west of the library.
Email: Send email
150 Mary Street
Telephone: (812) 537-2775
Fax: (812) 537-2810
Library Hours of Operation:
- Monday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Genealogy and Local History Hours of Operation:
Hours for the genealogy and local history room are different than library hours.
Please check to see if we are open before your visit.
Please contact us for an appointment outside of our normal hours.
- Monday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- First Saturday of the Month: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Genealogy Club meets at 2pm.)
CURRENT HOLIDAY CLOSINGS:
- Closed all major holidays
- Closed Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Saturday of the Month
- Closed when public services are closed due to inclement weather
Genealogy and Local History Manager:
Description of Collections[edit | edit source]
- Atlases/Landowner Plat Books for Dearborn County (1860, 1875, 1899 atlases; several plat books 1940s to present day). Early atlases of Hamilton County, OH, Ohio and Switzerland Counties, IN and Campbell and Boone Counties, KY.
- Church and Cemetery Records for Dearborn County, Indiana.
- Family History Files and Genealogies published and donated works. (please see the Lawrenceburg Public Library District website for a list)
- High School Yearbooks for Lawrenceburg from 1914 to present (some years missing).
- Histories - Church histories, city, township, and county histories for areas surrounding Dearborn County. Eastern states histories and biographies. Please see the Lawrenceburg Public Library District website for catalog listing.
- Directories and Telephone Books of Lawrenceburg and Aurora beginning in 1859.
- Local historical files, including businesses, churches, homes, schools, events, and floods.
- Marriage Records - Indexes
- Military including Revolutionary War soldiers buried in Dearborn County, Civil War Regimental Histories, Pictorial History of World War II.
- Naturalization Records Indexes
- Newspapers on microfilm, including
- Obituaries online and hard copies.
- Periodicals, including Indiana Historical Society and Family Tree Magazine.
- Vital records for Hamilton County, OH and Boone County, KY, including marriage, death, cemetery, and church records, local histories and biographies.
- Genealogy Club - First Saturday of each month at 2:00 PM. Please refer to the library newsletter for topic of the month.
- FamilySearch - Lawrenceburg Public Library is a FamilySearch Affiliate Library. Additional record collections are available at the library only.
- Ancestry.com library edition is available at the library only.
- Fold3 (military research) is available at the library only.
- Microfilm Readers with printers
- Computer stations
- Staff consultants are available to assist in genealogy and local history searches.
Please call in advance to schedule an appointment.
- Inquiries are accepted through telephone, mail or e-mail.
- Please provide as much information as possible to correctly identify the ancestor or family you wish searched.
Examples of searchable requests:
- Please copy the obituary for John Doe who died January 17, 1956.
- Please locate the marriage date for Alice Jones and James Campbell who were married in Dearborn County in the 1870s.
- Please check the "History of Dearborn and Ohio Counties" volume for biographies of Tom Walton and Henry Becker.
- Please email scanned copies of the business file about the Bauer Cooperage.
- Please call our genealogy consultants ahead for information about local resources and to reserve materials for your research.
- Please contact us for an appointment outside of our normal hours.
Lawrenceburg Public Library is conveniently located near the following repositories:
- Dearborn County Courthouse
165 Mary Street
Telephone: (812) 537-1040
- Dearborn County Historical Society
508 West High Street
Telephone: (812) 537-4075