Laverstock, Wiltshire Genealogy
LAVERSTOCK (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Alderbury, partly in the hundred of Alderbury,and partly in that of Underditch, Salisbury and Amesbury, and S. divisions of Wiltshire. The village stands on the Bourn river, near the Southwestern railway. The parish includes part of Ford Tything. 1 mile (N. E.) from Salisbury.  
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Laverstock parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|LAVERSTOCK PARISH Online Records|
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 33-37. Date accessed: 30 September 2013.
- From: 'Laughton - Laverstoke', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 33-37. British HistoryDate accessed: 30 September 2013.
- Wilson, John Marius, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- Wiltshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.