Laurens County, Georgia Genealogy
Guide to Laurens County Georgia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Laurens County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||December 10, 1807|
|Address|| Laurens County Courthouse|
101 N Jefferson Street
Dublin, GA 31021-6198
Laurens County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Probate Court has marriage and probate records;
Clerk Superior Court has divorce, court, and land
records from 1807; County Health Department has
birth and death records
Places / Localities
- Wills 1809-1840 (digital images) Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Wills, Vol. 1, 1809-1840 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Wills, Vol. 2, 1840-1868 Georgia Pioneers
- 1809-1855 - Laurens County Marriage Books A, B, D, E, G Index 1809-1855. Batch M713172 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1851-1868 - Laurens County Marriage Index 1851-1868. Batch M713171 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1853-1886 - Laurens County Marriage Books I and J Index 1853-1886. Batch M713173 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1892-1895 - Laurens County Marriage Book K Index 1892-1895. Batch M713174 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1885-1886 - Laurens County Marriages 1885-1886 (from newspapers) Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Laurens County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Laurens County, Georgia. Page 157 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/57/Igigeorgiael.pdf.