Difference between revisions of "Las Vegas Nevada FSL/Training"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
Revision as of 14:48, 16 November 2012
How Do I Start
1. Write down what you know. Family Tree Chart
Start with yourself. Use the Family Tree Chart above to enter information about you, your parents, grandparents, et. If you do not know exact dates and places, estimate them. Circle any missing or incomplete information, and decide what you want to find first.
For each couple in the Family Tree Chart, fill out a Family Group Chart that will show each of the children in that family
2. Contact your family and friends.
Record any useful information and stories they provide. Ask about copies of birth, marriage, and death certificates as well as journals, letters, photos, and other records that might be available. Find out if they know other people you should contact.
3. Search other sources.
- Gather your records starting with the records you already have, and organize them in one place.
- Explore online sources starting with FamilySearch.org free access to family history records, guides, and resources. You will also find links to other helpful Web sites.
- Get personal help by visiting our local FamilySearch family history center for free personal help and many other valuable services. Center staff may also direct you to other local community resources.
We have hands on training classes at the center. Check the Classes and Handouts page at: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Las_Vegas_Nevada_FHC/Class_Schedule to download or print out schedule for the desired month you wish to attend.
To see training videos and manuals:
- Sign and login into FamilySearch.org
- Click on Help at top right
- Click on See the Whole List to view videos and manuals
Training Page Including videos, PDF handouts and practice activities
Family History Consultant Training
See our Class Schedule for scheduled Consultant Training Classes by downloading the present months class schedule at: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Las_Vegas_Nevada_FHC/Class_Schedule
Indexing help resources:
■Basic Indexing Guidelines: https://help.familysearch.org/publishing/347/102817_f.SAL_Public.html
■Quick start Video: http://broadcast.lds.org/elearning/FHD/Local_Support/FamilySearchIndexing/EN/demos/FS_index.html?v=http://broadcast.lds.org/elearning/FHD/Local_Support/FamilySearchIndexing/EN/demos/IndexQuickStart
■FamilySearch Wiki (content availability may vary): https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Main_Page
■List of current Indexing projects: https://indexing.familysearch.org/projtab/current_projects.jsf