Las Vegas Nevada FSL/Resources
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:47, 22 July 2013 by Sandralpond (added category)
Sign Up For Our Monthly E-Newsletter in the menu box at right.
- Brand new Lenovo 23" screen Windows 7 computers
- Computer Lab classroom with 12 networked computers
- New classes-growing monthly
Hardware & Equipment
- 28 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 14 networked computer workstations with printer access in a dedicated classroom setting
- Paper copier
- 10 microfilm readers
- 3 microfiche readers
- 3 microfiche/film scanners
- 1 flatbed scanner
- Classroom has seating for 15 students plus a computer, projector and teaching station for the instructor.
- Computer Lab with 12 networked computers for training.
Las VegasFamily History Center has a copier/scanner where you have the ability to:
- Scan photos and transfer them to a flash drive.
- You can also make printed copies.
Databases & Software
- Genealogy database software (PAF, RootsMagic, Legacy, Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Family Tree Maker,)
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software using OpenOffice
- Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Fold3, Genline (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.
- Free internet access to the New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEGHS) website
Free Access to membership websites:
NOTE-subscriptions change from time to time, so these may vary as those changes occur.
- Ancestry.com offers the largest collection of databases of any genealogy site on the Internet with over three billion names search-able in its data files.
- Access Newspaper Archives – world's largest online newspaper archive featuring billions of article from historical newspapers of US and world.
- Alexander Stree Press, American Civil War – Research data, letters, diaries, images, photographs, posters and ephemera.
- ArkivDigital Online – Swedish Church records and other historical records.
- Find-My-Past – Research UK, census records, trace births, marriages and deaths.
- Fold3 – Best online military records and stories. most noted for their association with NARA, National Archives. Footnote features search-able original historical documents, from the National Archives and other content providers.
- The Genealogist – English parish records, directories, census, civil registration, surname mapping and selected army and navy lists.
- Heritage Quest-Search census, books, Revolutionary War-select pensions and bounty-land warrant applications, Freedman’s Bank-freed slaves, PERSI-PERiodical Source Index, and US Serial Set- Search.
- Historical Map Works Library Edition – One of the most extensive digital map collections available to track the “residential genealogy” of families and locations.
- Origins.net – Comprehensive and exclusive British and Irish record collection dating back to the 13th century as well as rare and unique photos and books to browse.
- World Vital Records- Access to birth, marriage and death records, Social Security Death Index, family trees, census records, immigration records, court, land and probate records; military records directory lists; newspapers, family histories, biographies, wills, ship manifests, map collection and yearbooks.