Difference between revisions of "Lampasas County, Texas Genealogy"
(Lampasas County, Texas)
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
== County Courthouse ==
== County Courthouse ==
== History ==
== History ==
Revision as of 21:29, 6 September 2012
|Lampasas County, Texas|
Location in the state of Texas
Location of Texas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 1, 1856|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Lampasas County; PO Box 231; Lampasas, TX 76550-0231; Ph. 512.556.8271 Details: (Co Clk has b rec from 1895, d rec from 1910, m rec from 1879, pro rec from 1876, ct rec form 1899 & land rec from 1872)
1858--The northeastern corner of Lampasas County became part of Hamilton County.
1873-- An act of the legislature extended the southern boundary of Lampasas County thirty miles into Burnet County. In 1874 the boundary was returned to its previous position.
1870, 1871, 1875--County records were destroyed by fire or flood in in 1870, 1871, and 1875.
1871--On December 24 (or 27), 1871 fire destroyed the frame building used as the Lampasas County Courthouse. All records were destroyed. 
1873--The courthouse and much of the town of Lampasas was damaged extensively by heavy rains and flooding on September 27, 1873. Several people were killed in the flood. The remaining records were either damaged or destroyed.
Places / Localities
- Texas African American Griots ~ USGenWeb
- AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy
- Texas African American Genealogy ~ Access Genealogy
- Lampasas County Cemeteries ~ transcriptions ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Lampasas County Cemetery Index ~ TXGenWeb
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- Texas Historic Cemeteries ~ Partial indexes to historic cemeteries
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Texas Escapes Listing of Texas cemeteries with transcriptions and lots of pictures.
- 1860 Census ~ TXGenWeb
- 1860 Mortality Schedule ~ TXGenWeb
- 1870 Census ~ TXGenWeb
- 1870 Mortality Schedule ~ TXGenWeb
- 1880 Census ~ TXGenWeb
Original Land Owners of Texas ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Texas Museums ~ List of all museums in Texas ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Historical Maps ~ From the Republic to the Turn of the Century ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Lampasas County Military Index ~ TXGenWeb
- Military Resources ~ Links to research Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Fallen Heroes ~ Partial Index of casualties from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Honoring Our Veterans ~ Partial index of veterans from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Home Town News - Texas Newspaper Index with links
- Newslink - Texas Newspaper List (sorted by publication frequency)
- The Olden Times - Historic Texas News Online
- Lampasas County Obituaries ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Obituary Resources ~ Links to research and locate obituaries ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Texas
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Texas Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Project ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Search Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills Records ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 Texas Death Index (FamilySearch Historical Records) Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Texas 1850 - 1930
Societies and Libraries
Lampasas Public Library
201 S Main St
Lampasas, TX 76550
Phone: (512) 556-3251
Society Hill ~ Links and addresses to Texas genealogical and historical societies
Family History Centers
- Lampasas County Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Lampasas County ~ TXGenWeb
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Hidden Ancestors Information on Texas genealogy research as well as genealogy research in general.
- USGenWeb Texas Archives Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handbook of Texas Online: Lampasas County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcl03
- GenDisasters.com - Lampasas, TX Lampasas County Courthouse Fire, Dec 1871 http://www3.gendisasters.com/texas/17961/lampasas-tx-lampasas-county-courthouse-fire-dec-1871