Lake County, Oregon Genealogy
- 1 History and Tidbits
- 2 Neighboring Counties
- 3 Resources
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
History and Tidbits
Lake county was created from Jackson and Wasco Counties 24 October 1874. Part taken for Klamath 17 October 1882. Named for sizeable number of lakes found within the boundary, including Lake Albert and Goose Lake.
The county seat is Lakeview.
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Lake County Court House as of June/July 2004.
Lakeview | Paisley
Adel | Blaisdell | Chewaucan | Christmas Valley | Drews Valley | Five Corners | Fort Rock | Hot Springs | New Pine Creek | Plush | Quartz Mountain | Silver Lake | Summer Lake | Valley Falls | Vistillas | West Side
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
Societies and Libraries
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Lake County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Lake County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Lake County.