Lake County, Montana Genealogy
Guide to Lake County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lake County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||May 11, 1923|
|Address|| Lake County Courthouse|
106 4th Avenue
Polson, MT 59860-2125
Lake County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Church Records
- 2.4 Court Records
- 2.5 Directories
- 2.6 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.7 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.8 Gazetteers
- 2.9 Genealogy
- 2.10 History
- 2.11 Land and Property
- 2.12 Maps
- 2.13 Military
- 2.14 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.15 Newspapers
- 2.16 Obituaries
- 2.17 Probate
- 2.18 Public Records
- 2.19 Repositories
- 2.20 Taxation
- 2.21 Vital Records
- 2.22 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 11 May 1923 from Flathead and Missoula
- County seat: Polson 
- Neighboring Counties: Flathead | Missoula | Sanders
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- St. Ignatius
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- See an interactive map of Lake County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
Naturalization and Citizenship
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Kalispell newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
County Clerk Recorder has birth, death and land records from 1923; Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1923 and naturalization records 1923-1953
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
|Dayton||Kicking Horse||Ravalli||Turtle Lake|
|Elmo||Kings Point||Rocky Point||Woods Bay|
The Flathead Indian Reservation comprises most of Lake County. Small portions of the reservation are also in the surrounding counties of Flathead , Missoula, and Sanders Counties.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 416.