Lake County, Montana Genealogy
Guide to Lake County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lake County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||May 11, 1923|
|Address|| Lake County Courthouse|
106 4th Avenue
Polson, MT 59860-2125
Lake County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Places
- 3 Resources
- 3.1 Biography
- 3.2 Cemeteries
- 3.3 Church Records
- 3.4 Court Records
- 3.5 Emigration and Immigration
- 3.6 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 3.7 Genealogy
- 3.8 History
- 3.9 Land and Property
- 3.10 Maps
- 3.11 Military
- 3.12 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 3.13 Newspapers
- 3.14 Obituaries
- 3.15 Probate
- 3.16 Public Records
- 3.17 Repositories
- 3.18 Taxation
- 3.19 Vital Records
- 3.20 Websites
- 4 References
- Parent County: created 11 May 1923 from Flathead and Missoula
- County seat: Polson 
- Neighboring Counties: Flathead | Missoula | Sanders
|Dayton||Kicking Horse||Ravalli||Turtle Lake|
|Elmo||Kings Point||Rocky Point||Woods Bay|
The Flathead Indian Reservation comprises most of Lake County. Small portions of the reservation are also in the surrounding counties of Flathead , Missoula, and Sanders Counties.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- St. Ignatius
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- See an interactive map of Lake County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
Naturalization and Citizenship
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Kalispell newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
County Clerk Recorder has birth, death and land records from 1923; Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1923 and naturalization records 1923-1953
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 416.