Klein Texas Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Klein Texas Family History Center is an extension of the world's largest genealogical library, the Salt Lake City Family History Library.
- 1 Center Location, Contact & Hours
- 2 Center Collections
- 3 Resources in the Local Area
- 4 Links
- 5 Volunteer at the Center
Center Location, Contact & Hours
Address: 16535 Kleinwood Drive, Spring, TX 77379
We are located in the LDS church halfway down the first side parking lot through the white door on the side of the building. Look for the green Family History Library sign on Kleinwood Drive.
Phone: 281-251-5931 or 832-510-7371
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 10 a.m. -- 4 p.m.
7 p.m. -- 9 p.m
- Thursday: 10 a.m.-- 1 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. -- 1 p.m.
- Hispanic Research 2nd & 4th Tuesday: 7 p.m. -- 9 p.m.
- Family History Classes & Workshops Thursday: 7 p.m. -- 9 p.m. (See Schedule Below)**
Classes and Workshops
Thursday Evenings-Starting at 6:59 P.M.
09/05/2013 FamilySearch-- Quick Start, Searching and Sourcing...Robert Hull
09/12/2013 FamilySearch-- Photos, Stories and More...Robert Hull
09/19/2013 FamilySearch-- Power of Collaboration...Robert Hull
09/26/2013 FamilySearch-- Scanning Photos and Documents_Intermediate...Jane Bonny
10/24/2013 GOOGLE Research (Best of Roots Tech 2012-2013)_Intermediate
10/31/2013 HALLOWEEN No Class 11/07/2013 FamilySearch--TBA
11/28/2014 THANKSGIVING No Class 12/05/2013 FamilySearch--TBA
<u12/26/2013 CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY No Class
Memorial Day, Labor Day weekends, July 4th, First Saturday in April, First Saturday in October,
Week of Thanksgiving, Last two weeks in December, First Week in January
- We have inhouse over 1000 microfilms and 3500 microfiche on indefinite loan. An index is available in the Family History Center for these in-house films.
- We have numerous genealogical reference books.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal:Family History Centers provide free access to many subscription genealogy websites, including:
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- Access Newspaper Archives
- Alexander Street Press (American Civil War Collections)
- Ancestry.com (Family History Library Edition)
- ArkivDigital Online
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- HeritageQuest Online
- Historic Map Works (Library Edition)
- Paper Trail
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 Internet-connected computers
- Wireless internet access for your laptops.
- One 16mm microfilm reader
- Five 35mm microfilm readers
- Microfiche reader
- One Cannon 300II Digital Imaging System
- Brother Laserjet printer
- LexMark Laser Printer
- One Flatscreen Monitor & Pulldown screen for training
Staff Research Specialties
A friendly helpful staff always willing to help you with your genealogical interests. If we don't have a solution to your questions we will help you find someone who does.
Resources in the Local Area
Center for Genealogical Research Location
Phone: (832) 393-2600
- Clayton Library is a department of the Houston Public Library devoted entirely to genealogical research. Materials found in the library cover the entire U. S., as well as many foreign countries.
- Online databases at Houston Public Library
- Clayton Library Friends
Montgomery County Memorial Library System Location
(The Genealogy Department is located on the 2nd floor)
104 I-45 North (Gladstell Exit)
Conroe, TX 77301
Phone: (936) 788-8363
Chaparral Library Location
310 N. Live Oak
- This is a small library owned by the Chaparral Genealogical Society. The current hours are 10AM-2PM, Mon, Tues, Wed, Sat (except the 1st Sat of each month). Suggest calling first.
Houston Genealogical Forum
PO Box 271466
Houston TX 77277-1466
Voice Mail: 713-968-9750
- Meeting Place: Bayland Park Community Center,
- 6400 Bissonnet, Houston, Texas
Chaparral Genealogical Society
- Meets on 4th Saturday of each month (except December) at 10 a.m.
- Meeting Place: Amergy Bank Building
- Conference Room (2nd Floor)
- Tomball, TX (on SH 249 before 4 corners)
The Humble Area Genealogical Society
- Meets at 7 p.m. on the Second Monday of each month September - May
- Meeting Place: Humble Senior Activity Center
- 1401 South Houston Avenue
- Humble, Texas
Volunteer at the Center
- (Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)