Kirkland Washington Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Kirkland Washington Family History Center, located at the Kirkland Washington Stake Center at 7910 NE 132nd Street in the Finn Hill neighborhood, serves the greater Kirkland area. We are dedicated to providing information and support for all local residents, whether you are just getting started with genealogical research or have many years of experience.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 New Round of classes are coming soon keep checking the web page!
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 7910 NE 132nd St., Kirkland, WA 98034 United States
- Tuesday:10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am-1:00 pm, 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Also open by appointment. Call 425-242-8892.
(The Family History Center is located on the east side of the building, closest to Finn Hill Middle School. If doors are locked during open hours, just ring the bell and we'll let you in.)
Holiday Schedule: In 2017, the center will be closed: Tuesday, July 4th; Tuesday, November 21st through Thursday, November 23rd (Thanksgiving); Tuesday, December 19th through Thursday, December 28th.
Calendar and Events
New Round of classes are coming soon keep checking the web page!
Staff Training Meetings
Staff Meeting: Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 7:00 PM.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com, Fold3, My Heritage, Find My Past, World Vital Records, among others.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has four computers, four microfilm readers, one microfiche reader, and a printer. The printer also scans and patrons can use it to scan photos and documents to their FamilySearch tree.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Bellevue Regional Library (Website) 1111 110th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004; 425-450-1765. Genealogy section; microfilm readers; carries microfilm of eastside newspapers.
Eastside Genealaogical Society (Website).
Fiske Genealogical Library (Website) 1644 43rd Ave.E., Seattle, WA 98112; 206-328-2716.
Kirkland Historical Society (Website) 203 Market Street, Heritage Hall - Lower Level, Kirkland, WA 98033.
The National Archives at Seattle (Website) 6125 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-7999.
Washington State Digital Archives (Website) Washington state vital records online.
Washington State Genealogical Society (Website).
Washington State Library (Website).
Volunteer at the Center
Anyone wishing to volunteer, please contact David Williams at 206 947-6712.