Kiowa County, Oklahoma Genealogy
Kiowa County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Kiowa County Courthouse
316 S Main; PO Box 73
Hobart, OK 73651
Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1905;
County Clerk has burial, land and military records from 1905
1901--Kiowa County was created in 1901 from Kiowa-Comanche-Apache and Caddo-Wichita lands.
County seat: Hobart 
For tips on accessing Kiowa County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that may have included Kiowa County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Probate records may be available by contacting the County Clerk's office.
See the article Oklahoma Vital Records for information about birth and death records. These records are kept at the State level.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kiowa County, Oklahoma. Page 560 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).