Kiowa County, Kansas Genealogy
Kiowa County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Kiowa County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 10, 1886|
|Address|| Kiowa County Courthouse|
211 E. Florida
Greensburg, Kansas 67054
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Kiowa County Courthouse
211 E Florida
Greensburg, KS 67054
Clerk District Court has marriage, probate and naturalization records
Register of Deeds has land records from 1886 and military discharge records. 
- 1886--Kiowa County was created 10 February 1886 from Comanche and Edwards Counties. County seat: Greensburg 
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Kansas Land and Property for additional information about early Kansas land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where records are currently housed.
- For information about Civil War records see Marion County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Kiowa County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kiowa County, Kansas page 252, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).