King Philip's War, 1675-1676
This war mostly involved Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. Most men who served in King Philip's War were between the ages of 16 and 60, born between 1615 and 1660, though some were born as early as 1605 or as late as 1664.
King Philip's War was fought between colonists in Massachusetts and Connecticut and the Wampanoag Indians led by Metacom and their allies, the Nipmuck and Narragansett Indians. Metacom was called King Philip by the colonists.
- Mohegan (allied with colonists)
- Pequot (allied with colonists)
- Hubbard, William. The History of the Indian Wars in New England from the First Settlement to the Termination of the War with King Philip in 1677. New York, New York: Kraus Reprint, 1969, US/CAN book 970.1 H861h or film 962406.
- Wikipedia contributors, King Philip's War, (accessed 01 February 2012).
- Family History Library US/Canada Consultants, "[King Phillip's War, History],"in LAD Release 4.1, Family History Library, 2004, mjm.