Kidder County, North Dakota Genealogy
Kidder County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Kidder County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1873|
|Address|| Kidder County Courthouse|
120 E Broadway
PO Box 66
Steele, ND 58582
Kidder County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth, death and burial records from 1943,
divorce and court records from 1885; County Judge has marriage
records from 1887 and probate reocrds from 1883; Register of Deeds
has land records from 1881
1873--Kidder County was created 4 January 1873 from Buffalo County. County seat: Steele 
- Family Maps of Kidder County, North Dakota Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battles were fought in Kidder County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in North Dakota.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Kidder County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kidder County, North Dakota. Page 524 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 9 August, 2012)
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)