Kent County, Rhode Island Genealogy
Guide to Kent County Rhode Island genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- This article is about a county in the state of Rhode Island. For other uses, see Kent (disambiguation).
|Kent County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
|Founded||June 11, 1759|
|Named for: Kent, England|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
Kent County Courthouse
222 Quaker Lane;
West Warwick, RI 02893
(Town and City Clerks have birth, marriage, death, burial, probate and land records
(Five twns in Kent Co) Towns Organized Before 1800; Coventry 1741, East Greenwich 1677, Warwick 1642-3, West Greenwich 1741
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
For animated maps illustrating Rhode Island County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Rhode Island County Boundary Maps" (1643-1963) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
- Lost census: 1890
Places / Localities
Archives and Libraries
For tips on accessing Kent County, Rhode Island Genealogy census records online, see: Rhode Island Census.
Military History and Records
See also How to order Rhode Island Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Rhode Island Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Application to mail.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Kent County, RI History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Rhode Island Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Rhode Island Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- The Kent County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kent County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kent County. (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Kent County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].