Kendall County, Texas Genealogy
Guide to Kendall County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
Kendall County has been home to two Courthouses. The first one, built in 1870, is still in use, across the street from the current courthouse, built in 1998.
See an interactive map of Kendall County border changes.
Places / Localities
Boerne | Bergheim | Comfort | Kendalia | Sisterdale | Waring | Welfare
Kendall County Cemeteries from the Kendall County TXGenWeb site
Local histories are available for Kendall County, Texas Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Texas Local Histories.
- A History of Kendall County, Texas, 1984, by Kendall County Historical Commission.
- Historic Images of Boerne, Texas, 1982, by Garland A. Perry.
- A Hundred Years of Comfort in Texas, 1954; rev. ed. 1974, by Guido E. Ransleben.
- Death on the Nueces: German Texans Treue der Union, 2002, by Rodman L. Underwood.
- Kendall County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site
Kendall County provided soldiers to both the Confederate and Union armies.
- The Boerne Star Newspaper
- Newspapers in Kendall County from the Kendall County TXGenWeb site.
- Wikipedia has a list of online newspaper archives for Texas.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has San Antonio newspapers from the late 1800's that may include residents from Kendall County.
Certified birth and death certificates or birth and death verifications can be ordered online or by mail at the Texas Vital Records State Department of Health. Copies can also be obtained from the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred and are often less expensive. You can also order them online through a third party company.
See Texas Vital Records for more information about Vital records in Texas.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- Genealogical and Historical Society of Kendall County
114 East Blanco Road
Boerne, Tx 78006
- Boerne Area Historical Preservation Society website
P.O. Box 178
Boerne, TX 78006
- Kendall County Historical Commission website
P.O. Box 993
Boerne TX 78006
- Boerne Public Library website
210 N. Main St.
Boerne, TX 78006
- Comfort Public Library website
- Kendalia Public Library website
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kendall County, Texas. Page 667 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).