Difference between revisions of "Kalkaska County, Michigan Genealogy"
(altered nav bar)
(<A script created by the FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.>)
|Line 60:||Line 60:|
*USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
*Michigan%2C+Kalkaska=Family History Library Catalog
== References ==
== References ==
Revision as of 07:16, 7 January 2011
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1840--Kalkaska County was created 1 April 1840 from Mackinac County. Formerly Wabassee County, until changed to Kalkaska 8 March 1843. It was attached to Mackinac, Grand Traverse, and Antrim Counties prior to organization 27 January 1871. County seat: Kalkaska 
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).