Journal History of the LDS Church
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:07, 5 August 2009 by DiltsGD (replace content)
- Journal History (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) This source is a day-by-day scrapbook of events in Church history, kept by the Church History Library. The microfilm copy covers from 1830 to 1973. It includes the largest collection of pioneer company rosters 1847 to 1868, priesthood ordinations, missionary labors, records of new missions and stakes, conference reports, and obituaries taken from newspaper clippings, extracts from journals, letters, histories, biographies, and manuscript material. The microfilms do not circulate to Family History Centers, but are available at the Family History Library, at the Harold B. Lee Library (Brigham Young Univ.), and at the Marriott Library (Univ. of Utah).
- There is an alphabetical card index which shows the date and page number for names, places, events and subjects. Digital images of this card index are available online:
- There is also a non-circulating microfilm edition of the card index called the Index to Journal History.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Historical Department. Journal History (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Salt Lake City, Utah: Historical Dept., 1968, 1973. (FHL films 1259729–975).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Historical Department. Index to Journal History. [Salt Lake City, Utah: Historical Dept., 1973]. (On 58 FHL films beginning with 1233503; not available at Family History Centers.)