Johnson County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Johnson County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Johnson County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||December 13, 1834|
|Address|| Johnson County Courthouse|
300 N Holden Street
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Johnson County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has birth and death records 1883-1893;
Recorder of Deeds has marriage and land records
from 1835; Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court
records from late 1860’s; Probate Judge has probate
records from mid-1800’s
See an interactive map of Johnson County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
- Johnson County Memorial Gardens, Overland Park
- Knob Noster Cemetery, Washington
- Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Warrensburg
- Mt. Zion Cemetery, Grover
- Roop Cemetery, Warrensburg
- Sunset Hill Cemetery, Warrensburg
- Sutton Cemetery, Warrensburg
- Family Maps of Johnson County, Missouri Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Map of Johnson County townships (Histopolis)
The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Johnson County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Johnson County, Missouri. Page 401 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).