Jews of the South Pacific
Jewish Genealogy > Knowles Collection
Use this record to find the genealogy of many Jews who appear in the records of the countries of the Southern Pacific Islands. The great advantage of the Knowles Collection is that it links together into family groups, thousands of individual Jews (over 21,500 for this database as of Jan 2015). Until now, these records were available only at the Family History Library or through individual archives or private individuals.
This record contains
- Surname and forenames (continually being added)
- Links to ancestors
- Dates where available Places where available
- Source citations where available
- Notes where available
Major record sets within this collection.
- Australian Vital Records
- Records from the Great Solomon reunion, 10-12 March, 2012.
- Records from multiple cemeteries in Australia.
Before using this record know
- Name of person to search for
- Approximate year of birth
- Where the person lived
Where to access the collection
Search this collection through the FamilySearch Community Trees website. Look for the section on Knowles Collection.More information on the Knowles Collection can be found at Knowlescollection.blogspot.com.
How to search the record
- Search by the name of your ancestor
- View the sources
- View the notes
There are two types of records in the collection:
- Original records which have been added by Todd Knowles. In the Notes field, each item is categorized under“Research Notes”.
- Items contributed to the site by others, who are acknowledged.