Jewell County, Kansas Genealogy
|Jewell County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|Address|| Jewell County Courthouse|
307 N. Commercial Street
Mankato, Kansas 66956-2025
Jewell County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 References
Jewell County Courthouse
307 N Commercial
Mankato, KS 66956-2025
Clerk District Court has marriage, probate, divorce and court records.
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage and death records 1886-1894,
cemetery records from 1860’s, land records from 1871,
military records from 1889, yearly census assessment rolls 1871-1908
and school recordes from 1884.
1867--Jewell County was created 26 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: Mankato 
Burr Oak web site with access to Burr Oak, Jewel County, Kansas Cemetery list.
- Jewell County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers == Web Sites == *USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. *Family History Library Catalog *Jewell County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jewell County, Kansas page 252, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).