Jamestown New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving the Southern part of Chautauqua County, New York
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links And Other Resources
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 851 Forest Ave Jamestown NY 14701 United States
- Park in the parking lot adjacent to Forest Avenue.
- Enter the building on the south-side of the building.
- If the door is locked, ring the bell on the right side of the door.
- 1-716-487-0830 (If no answer, please leave a message. Messages usually retrieved by the next Sunday.)
Days and hours by appointment only
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Past Events[edit | edit source]
Erie Family Discovery Day 2016: Saturday, September 17, 2016. Location: Erie Ward Building, 1100 South Hill Road, Erie, PA 16509. 9am - 1:00pm. More information at http://www.fh2016.org.
Fireside "Do You Have My Name?": Sunday, October 9th. Location: Jamestown Stake Center, 851 Forest Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701. 6:30 pm in the Chapel.
Jamestown Family History Fest 2017: Saturday, Date to be announced. Location: Jamestown Stake Center, 851 Forest Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701. 9am - 3:00pm. Archive information for the 2016 event at http://www.fh2016.org.
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Small collection of Research Books.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Services Portal which allows patrons free access to premium family history websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Two computers - internet ready, one computer printer, one microfiche reader and two microfilm readers.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Chautauqua County Genealogical Society: http://chautgen.org/
Fenton History Center: www.fentonhistorycenter.org/genealogy/genealogy.php
Links And Other Resources[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Europe desk, at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah
ph. (801) 240-2331
This is a fun link: https://www.relativefinder.org/#/main}
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Please call if interested in volunteering to help teach others how to do their own genealogy.