Jamestown New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving the Southern part of Chautauqua County, New York
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links And Other Resources
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address 851 Forest Avenue, Jamestown, New York
- Park in the parking lot adjacent to Forest Avenue. Enter the building on the south-side of the building. (If the door is locked, ring the bell on the right side of the door.)
Phone: 716-712-4601 (any voice messages left is transcribed and emailed)
Open Hours: Wednesday: 7 - 9 pm; Thursday: 9 am - noon
Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving week. Call on major holidays as we will probably be closed
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Small collection of Research Books.
- Census on Films.
- Gazetteers on Films/Fiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- RootsMagic version 4
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers - internet capable, two computer printers, two microfiche readers, three microfilm readers, one microfilm/fiche printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Swedish research assistance available upon request.
Resources in the Local Area
Chautauqua County Genealogical Society: http://chautgen.org/
Fenton History Center: www.fentonhistorycenter.org/genealogy/genealogy.php
Links And Other Resources
Europe desk, at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah
ph. (801) 240-2331