Jackson Plantation, Franklin County, Maine Genealogy
plantation, now extinct and split into:
1. Jackson Plantation 1845-1857 was first organized from Township 4 R3 BKP (Wyman), Township 1 R3 WBKP (Coplin), Township 2 R3 WBKP (Lang), and Number 1 R4 WBKP Plantation (Eustis) in 1845; and lost that organization by 1855 when Jackson Plantation was reconstituted. 
2. Jackson Plantation 1857-1866 had a major reorganization in 1857 involving its southern areas of the future Wyman, Coplin, and Lang. But to the north Eustis seceded and was no longer part of Jackson Plantation. 
3. Jackson Plantation 1866-1895 had a third major reorganization in 1866 when Coplin Plantation was created from the center of the plantation. This left the remainder of Jackson Plantation in two pieces which eventually became Lang and Wyman. The name Jackson Plantation continued in use until the creation of the Lang Plantation in 1895 when the Jackson Plantation name went extinct. It is unclear if Wyman Township was considered part of Jackson Plantation from 1866 to 1895.
Records. For records of Jackson Plantation see:
Adjacent towns: Franklin Co.: Alder Stream Township | Carrabassett Valley | Coplin Plantation | Dallas Plantation | Davis Township | Eustis | Jim Pond Township | Lang Township | Rangeley | Redington Township | Stetsontown Township | Tim Pond Township | Wyman Township | Somerset Co.: Bigelow Township | Flagstaff Township
- Coplin Plantation and Wyman Township apparently were also known as Bloomfield Plantation before they became part of Jackson Plantation according to Bloomfield in Miscellaneous Municipal Records Filed with the State section of Maine Archive Interactive (accessed 21 September 2013).
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 81 (digital p. 90). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog
- Legal History of Jackson Plantation, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 21 September 2013).
- Eustis, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 24 June 2013).
- Coplin Plantation, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 24 June 2013).
- Lang Township, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 24 June 2013).