Difference between revisions of "Jackson County, Oregon Trivia Tidbits"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with '''United States Image:Gotoarrow.png Oregon Image:Gotoarrow.png Jackson County Image:Gotoarrow.png '''Trivia Tidbits''''' Informat…')
 
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages. Exception to this are Post Offices.  
 
Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages. Exception to this are Post Offices.  
  
'''Abbott Butte''', straddling Douglas and Jackson counties, see reference in [[Douglas_County,_Oregon_Trivia_Tidbits|Douglas County Trivia Tidbits]].  
+
*'''Abbott Butte''', straddling Douglas and Jackson counties, see reference in [[Douglas County, Oregon Trivia Tidbits|Douglas County Trivia Tidbits]].
 +
 
 +
*'''Agate Desert''', Northeast of Central Point and just south of Rogue River. It was named for the minerals found there in some abundance. It is not a desert in the exact sense of the word. Some of Agate Desert was used for the development of Camp White in World War II. On Feb. 13, 1901, a post office with the name Agate was established in the area, with Jefferson S. Grigsby first and only postmaster. The office was closed Apr. 30, 1907, and the area was served from [[Central Point, Oregon|Central Point]].
  
 
[[Category:Jackson_County,_Oregon]] [[Category:Oregon_Trivia_Tidbits]]
 
[[Category:Jackson_County,_Oregon]] [[Category:Oregon_Trivia_Tidbits]]

Revision as of 05:33, 18 February 2011

United States Gotoarrow.png Oregon Gotoarrow.png Jackson County Gotoarrow.png Trivia Tidbits

Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages. Exception to this are Post Offices.

  • Agate Desert, Northeast of Central Point and just south of Rogue River. It was named for the minerals found there in some abundance. It is not a desert in the exact sense of the word. Some of Agate Desert was used for the development of Camp White in World War II. On Feb. 13, 1901, a post office with the name Agate was established in the area, with Jefferson S. Grigsby first and only postmaster. The office was closed Apr. 30, 1907, and the area was served from Central Point.