Jackson County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Jackson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||January 29, 1851|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Jackson County Courthouse
401 Grind Stass Road Room 103
States, NC 28677
Clerk Superior Court has divorce, probaet and court records from 1851
Jackson created from Haywood and Macon 29 Jan 1851
Many records missing, reason unknown.
For tips on accessing Jackson County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Jackson County, NCGenWeb - free genealogical resources; part of the USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jackson County, North Carolina. Page 510 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- "Andrew Jackson," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).