Jackson County, Missouri Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:56, 18 July 2011 by DiltsGD (migration routes)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Jackson County cemeteries on Find a Grave
- Blue Springs Cemetery (Find a Grave)
2800 Southwest Walnut Street
Blue Springs, MO 64015-3321
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Independence Dist
- Kansas City
- Map of Jackson County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Jackson County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
Early migration routes to and from Jackson County, Missouri Genealogy for European settlers included:
- Footnote.com ($) has Civil War and other military records available online.
- Marriage licenses dating back to 1826 are available to be searched and viewed at http://records.jacksongov.org/search.asp?cabinet=marriage.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- "List of counties in Missouri," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).