Jackson County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Jackson County; 405 4th St; PO Box 209; Jackson, MN 56143; Ph. 507.847.2580 Details: (Ct Administrator has b, d, div, pro & ct rec from 1870 & m rec from 1868; Co Redr has land rec from 1870) www.rootsweb.com/~mnjacko/
County government was dissolved due to Sioux uprising in 1862. It was reorganized in 1866. Before its reorganization it may have been attached to Martin County.
- 1857--Jackson County was 23 May 1857 from Brown County but not formally organized until 1858.
County seat: Jackson 
- For a brief history of how Jackson County was named, click here. Then select Jackson County.
Alpha | Heron Lake | Jackson | Lakefield | Miloma | Okabena | Wilder
Alba Township | Belmont Township | Christiania Township | Delafield Township | Des Moines Township | Enterprise Township | Ewington Township | Heron Lake Township | Hunter Township | Kimball Township | La Crosse Township | Middletown Township | Minneota Township | Petersburg Township | Rost Township | Round Lake Township | Sioux Valley Township | Weimer Township | West Heron Lake Township | Wisconsin Township
- Dickinson County, Iowa
- Emmet County, Iowa
- Osceola County, Iowa
Civil War service men from Blue Earth County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Blue Earth County.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company B.
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).