Jackson County, Kansas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:09, 7 January 2011 by 127.0.0.1 (<A script created by the FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.>)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
1855--Jackson County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county.
County seat: Holton 
The Potawatomi Indian Reservation is located within the boundaries of Jackson County.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jackson County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- "List of counties in Kansas," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).