Jackson County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
Jackson County; 400 New York Ave; Holton, KS 66436; Ph. 785.364.2891 Details: (Formerly Calhoun Co. Name changed to Jackson 11 Feb 1859) (Co Clk has b & d rec 1903-1911; Pro Judge has m rec from 1867, pro rec from 1857 & ct rec from 1900; Clk Dis Ct has div rec; Reg of Deeds has land rec from 1858)
1855--Jackson County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county.
County seat: Holton 
The Potawatomi Indian Reservation is located within the boundaries of Jackson County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jackson County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- "List of counties in Kansas," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).